Gwinnett Fire Firefighter Paramedics responded to a report from an occupant of medical emergency at the 1000 block of Bridle Path Drive, in Lawrenceville. The caller reported feeling sick and something was wrong.
Crews found one male with an obvious medical emergency. During the exam paramedics decided to call for additional units to assist. An engine company with the Haz Mat Unit was sent to the scene and discovered extremely high levels of CO within the residence. The cause was found to be a generator that was running in the enclosed garage. The generator was being utilized to power a small heating appliance due to the homes power being cut off.
Two other persons were evaluated and treated at the scene (an adult female and a teenage male). All Three were transported emergent to Gwinnett Medical.
There were no firefighter injuries reported.